Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, Give Thanks!

I love Thanksgiving. I love bringing people together to enjoy great food and company. I love the warmth of the holiday. I love having an "attitude of gratitude" and a feeling of thankfulness. Growing up on the east coast, you love the fall season and then living in Boston for over 4 years, you cherish the autumn time. And Thanksgiving is the culmination of that wonderful time of beautiful leaves, pumpkin desserts and giving thanks. A few of my close girlfriends and I have sent Thanksgiving cards for over 10 years focusing on the blessings of the year ( and beating the rush of the Christmas season!).

It is not a coincidence that Thanksgiving is just a few weeks before the day we celebrate Christ's birth. It is strategically placed to prepare our hearts with thanksgiving for our many blessings so when the holiday season begins (the next day - black Friday in today's society!), hopefully our hearts are prepared for celebrating this season with a focus on charity and love and not all the commercialness that is fun but can distract from the true meaning. Here are a few of our blessings...
Taylor Jane is our newest sweet blessing and how grateful we are for the sweet spirit she brings to our home. You just can't get enough of her!
Johnathan & Jordan are amazing young men and we thank daily for having such wonderful children!
I am so grateful for a wonderful husband and for our temple marriage
JoAnn & Jack Turner
How blessed we are with wonderful parents and the manner they raised us - we are especially grateful at this time for Mom Turner's miraculous recovery at this time

Sue & Dan Lau - my parents
We are so grateful for wonderful siblings and the relationships we share with them
John's 7 sisters!
Wonderful friends - some of my dear girlfriends!
Our freedom - how saddened I was by the at attacks in Mumbai the week of Thanksgiving. I was there last year for work and loved the city and its energy. I explored and shopped the weekend before my meetings - I even had my wedding dress made there! My heart especially goes out to the Jewish community there. I was able to attend church in Mumbai and loved it and am upset by the religious persecutions that day.


Most importantly, I am so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His great love for all of us. Thank you for this season to remember the true Gift we have been given.

No comments: