Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quick Trip to Williamsburg

During the Christmas holiday, Tatum & I slipped away for a East Coast reunion with my 3 sisters, their families and my parents. In 2.5 days we packed in a bit of DC and a ton of Williamsburg. So fun! Such wonderful memories there from my childhood as Williamsburg is one of my mom's favorite places. Since my sister, Alyson, now lives in DC, she was our homebase. It was awesome also because Michelle and Matt were in town from HK! So it was great. Tatum was a fabulous traveler and endured the cold well. There are tons of pictures of houses, colonial architecture and Christmas decorations that Williamsburg is so famous for!




After a yummy lunch at Shields Tavern


Side view of the Capitol

If you look closely, you will see apples where there are spaces in the bricks!

inside the Capitol

The well in front of the bakery. I remember a darling picture of Marilyn & Michelle when they were little taken right here!
I love the fife & drums! So worth the wait in the cold to watch their procession.
 The Governor's Mansion - we started here the next day.
 Joe & Charlie!



 Abbi, Mom & Michelle




Lunch at the Kings Arm Tavern - our favorite!
 Love the "colonial" high chairs that Charlie and Tatum got to enjoy
 our whole group! So fun!
 Matt & Michelle paying their dues to society!
 The girls!

 Loved the winter gardens!



What a fun trip! Everyone stayed for a few more days but I rushed back to John & Taylor. Fun to get away for a few days and have some sisters time. I'll take what I can get!

2 comments:

Linda said...

oh that just made me homesick for Virginia! I loved living only 20 minutes away in Yorktown and I had the privilege of living there not once but twice! I love everything about Williamsburg - thanks for sharing all the pics! Love and miss you tons!

Papa Parrish said...

Fabulous! AuntieL