We had so much fun attending the Chinese branch of our church's annual Chinese New Year dinner. The food is always great and so is the entertainment. It helps me brush up on my Mandarin and go back to "my roots!" Its great to have our family exposed to this fabulous culture and their traditions.
I struggled to get a picture of the girls looking at me. Tatum kept escaping too! Don't you love their dresses? I bought those as a student in Nanjing the summer of 1994 so they are pretty old but so fun to pull out. I knew Tatum's would fit but it was great for Taylor to fit into a "Mulan" dress!
Mason usually attends with us but since he is on his mission, his little brother Mackey filled in - so fun to keep the tradition going!
The lion dance and drums were great - Tatum was very into it!
Mama Kong helped Taylor put a red envelope in the lion's mouth!
Loved watching the elders sing Karoake!
They made these cute dragons to take home. Such a fun night!
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment