Saturday, November 19, 2011

Trip Down Memory Lane and Making New Memories!

My parents are finally packing it up and leaving the East Coast after over 40 years spent there. There had been talk for a while - Dad retired at the end of 2007 and they had already spent 18 months in a service role for our church's mission in Philadelphia. So they bought land and broke ground in Soda Springs, Idaho - right next door to Robert! And their ideal retirement home is under construction. Since I had not grown up in their home in Delaware, I wasn't feel much emotion to have them move from this home of the last 18 years until on a whim I got tickets for my girls and I to fly home for a weekend while John was on a business trip in Norway. I loved being home, loved being with family (Alyson & Marilyn were visiting too!) and loved spending time in our favorite places back east. So here are a few highlights of our action packed weekend.
Taylor and Amelia are best friends and sometimes worst enemies. Overall they adore each other!
Tatum and Emma match!

Charlie & Tatum loved exploring what it is like to play with a baby their same age...
There goes the headband....
Tatum wishes she had his hair!
What a cutie!
Abbi, Ian and Tatum

We love going to the park through the woods. And I loved being home to enjoy the fall colors!




Goodbye dear house!
Tatum sporting Uncle Todd's haircut

No comments: