Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Soda Springs Highlights

Soda Springs, Idaho is where my father grew up. Its a town of about 4,000 people and the Lau family helped settled this community over 100 years ago. Here we are at the restored town hotel. The mural on the side of the town drug store



One of the main attractions in Soda is a natural geyser that is now timed to go off every hour.

We always have to have the hooper water!
We always visit the cemetery where many of my family are buried. We have a tender spot in our hearts for this town Daniel Joseph Lau sailed from Germany, crossed the great plains and eventually Brigham Young sent him from Utah to settle Soda Springs. Here is Taylor with her great-great-great grandfather's headstone.


My Dad's father, whom I never metMy dad's mother who passed away while I was on my mission in Taiwan. I still miss her.

Aunt Karen shares some history with all of usMichelle & the boys!


I hope these little ones will understand how blessed and rich their heritage is!My cousin, Glen, and his daughter, Taylor Jill who is 1 day younger than my Taylor Jane!

My brother Robert, myself and my sister Marilyn and our beautiful daughters that were all born within 1 year (to the date!) of each other! They will be best friends/cousins growing up I'm sure!

A little rock climb after church!

No comments: