Friday, October 17, 2008

A Shout Out for Sue!

Sue Lau (Grandmom) & Taylor
My mom left today and I cried. Sad to her go, but also overwhelmed at the service she gave us. First of all I felt spoiled to have her here for 18 days! It was such a sweet time and a much needed time to have your Mom here. She arrived the day Taylor & I came home from the hospital and left when Taylor was 3 weeks old. She extended her time for a few days more to help me get Taylor back to her birth weight (which we did! Yeah Tay!) and get more comfortable with nursing.

I was talking to a family friend. Anise Harmon, and she shared a thought that had impressed her at "Time Out for Women" that a speaker shared that the scriptures Matthew 25:35-40 applied to motherhood. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink . . .naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me - verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
So Mom, thank you for making our meals - we ate so well! (hungered), bringing me fresh ice water while I nursed (thirsty), did the laundry (clothed us), cared for Taylor & I as we were both "sick". You took such good care of us as well as made this whole transition to mothering fun with our side projects (love the bench and the glider covers!) and adventures (like our hunt for the best enchiladas in Houston!). Thank you for all that you do for all of us. Your service never ends for any of us and I hope I can provide the support and love to Taylor that you show all of us. Mothers do truly emulate the Savior in their daily actions and doings. We love you!
Sue working on the cover for the cushion that goes on the bench in the master bed room. And look at the darling slip cover she made for the glider to match the bedding in the nursery! Thanks, Mom! What talent!!


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

i love the glider! i hope she makes me one too when my time comes!

Kelley said...

Your mom is so talented. I LOVE that fabric. You know I have a thing about pink and green!