Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday, Riley!

Its been a big birthday for Riley and unfortunately IKE has made her day a bit more memorable in a different way. The malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, etc were all closed today. It was a ghost town all day around here - a bit eerie.

Brannings are dear friends of ours so here are a few pics of our cute Riley from our trip to Mexico.
Riley & Jordan at Playa del Carmen
Beautiful girl!
Peach tart for Riley's birthday
Texas peaches are wonderful and when I went through my fridge today to see what needed to be used in case of loosing power, I found these great peaches that I had bought with the intent to freeze. Instead we made a tart for our cute birthday girl since we had yet to pick up her present and there was no where to get one....
We have enjoyed some great desserts this summer with Texas peaches - homemade peach ice cream, peach cobbler and peach shortcake. Yum! And the Brannings being from Atlanta - they love peaches as much as we do!

No comments: